Prepare yourself for the fact that change is the only sure thing
When taking large steps such as internationalisation, it is important to realise that we live in a dynamic world where the only sure thing is change. The outside world is developing, and you can try to assess this development by asking yourself the following questions:
What changes and trends can be expected with regard to:
- The development in demand in existing and potential markets?
- The relationship between supply, demand and price level?
- Changes in customer needs and customer habits, and how these changes affect demand?
- The technological development?
- Changes in the pattern of competition?
- Changes in distribution patterns?
- Legal intervention?
Careful considerations are necessary, and the activities must be planned to avoid concern and unnecessary costs. Preparation is key to success.